“As a member of a learned profession, a lawyer should cultivate knowledge of the law beyond its use for clients, employ that knowledge in reform of the law and work to strengthen legal education…”
Preamble, ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct
- Lecture at Comisión de Resolución de Conflictos de la Cámara de Industria, Guatemala “Principios Aplicables a la Ejecución de Laudos Arbitrales según la Convención de Nueva York” (Principles Applicable to the Enforcement of Arbitral Awards in Accordance with the New York Convention) (Junio 27, 2012).
- Symposium organized by University of Innsbruck, Konrad Adenauer Foundation and Escola da Magistratura do Paraná at Foz de Iguaçu, Brazil. “Diálogo Jurisdicional entre Cortes de Integração Europeias e Latino-americanas (Jurisdictional dialogue between integration courts in Europe and Latin America,” lecture, “Reflejos de la Jurisprudencia europea en la jurisprudencia de la Corte Centroamericana (Reflections of European jurisprudence in the decisions of the Central American Court)” (Oct. 28, 2010).
- Lecture at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Coloquio Iberoamericano, Germany. “Luxemburg in Managua: The Decisions of the European Court of Justice in the Jurisprudence of the Central American Court of Justice” (Mar. 23, 2010).
- Lecture at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, seminar Referentenbesprächung, Germany. “The Central American Integration System” (Mar. 1, 2010).,
- Lecture at McGill University, Graduate Students Symposium, Canada. “Re-Union: History, Challenges and Identity within the Regional Court of Justice in Central American Integration and the European Union” (Apr., 2009).